One thing I love about summer is how much I’m able to read! I read 16 books last month, and this month I’ve read 16 again! Once school starts again the end of August, I’ll probably read .25 🤣
This month I participated in Book Battle on Facebook. (Go Team Vanilla!) The Book Battle group is actually really awesome. A whole bunch of people join the main Facebook page, then are sorted in teams every month under a different theme. This month’s theme was Ice Cream, so all the teams were ice cream flavors. Then there are criteria you meet for points. This month had criteria like read a one word title (5 pts) or read a book with ice cream on the cover (20 pts). There’s also a daily photo challenge, slots to record up to 10 reviews (1 pt each), and bonus criteria like watching fireworks. There’s no pressure in the group, do as much or little as you want! If you’re interested (even a little) I’d say try it out for a month. 😄
I’m happy to say I have read 52 books this year (photo is out-of-date), which brings me to 52/60 of my yearly goal! This is the first year I’m using Goodreads to track books as I read them, and it’s really fun seeing my progress!
In other news, thanks to Goodreads, I easily know how many books I own. I’ve finally reached the 400 mark! (No, I don’t have a problem, Dad.)
I read A TON of great books this month. I would have to say my favorites were Opal, The Wrong Bachelor, Weaving Destiny, and Love & Gelato.
Here’s the full list with ratings and blog review links:
- Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (5⭐)
- Food Wars!, Vol. 1 by Yuto Tsukuda (5⭐)
- The Wrong Bachelor by Alexandra Moody (5⭐) (blog review)
- Bleach, Vol. 15 by Tite Kubo (5⭐)
- The Summer of Cotton Candy by Debbie Viguie (3⭐) (blog review)
- Bleach, Vol. 16 by Tite Kubo (5⭐)
- Bleach, Vol. 17 by Tite Kubo (5⭐)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (2⭐)
- Bleach, Vol. 18 by Tite Kubo (5⭐)
- Bleach, Vol. 19 by Tite Kubo (5⭐)
- Beauty and the Professor by Skye Warren (1⭐)
- The Senator’s Son by Anna Albo (4⭐) (blog review)
- Weaving Destiny (Soulkeepers, #2) by G. P. Ching (5⭐)
- This Much is True by Anna Albo (1⭐) (blog review)
- Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch (5⭐) (blog review)
- The One by Kierra Cass ( 5⭐)
Did anyone read anything worth sharing? What was your favorite book you’ve read this month, season, or year?